Wednesday 16 January 2013

The Love of Poetry, The Love of You.





 MIRRIAM MAKUNDIDZE

I MISS YOU 

I watched that one star twinkling so bright

      that dull sun rising in the horizon
And all l could make was your adorable smile
I picked up the phone anticipating your call
But all l could get was a rough and cold voice
Far from your charming and soothing voice

I almost collapsed when l saw one like you
Then l realized l missed you a little too much
             a little too long
How l long to hear your voice call my name once more
    so soft, so sweet, so comforting.,
To be  in your strong arms like always
   so warm, so embracing, so caring

To just look at you, at those eyes and know you still love,
you still care. For you to hold my hand and never let go
It hurts missing you, but that’s all can do
If its all you can.

1 comment: